What is Raisebook?
Raisebook is a dynamic digital marketplace, connecting Sophisticated Investors with a carefully curated selection of early stage investment opportunities previously only accessible to a privileged few.
We are Australia's leading platform for providing unprecedented access to high net worth individuals, and for offering maximum visibility to stockbrokers and companies, making investment experiences more streamlined, efficient and transparent.
What's the story?
The Raisebook platform was conceived by the team behind StocksDigital, Australia’s largest specialist digital marketing agency, which connects ASX companies to investors. In addition to its own investor database, Raisebook leverages StocksDigital’s investor pool of over 30,000 investors, which is generated through its investment publication sites.
Raisebook was developed with the aim to create a smoother and more ethical investment experience. Ultimately, we wanted to offer the new generation of Sophisticated Investors a more streamlined way to invest. Using smart technology to transform the way high net worth individuals connect with primary capital markets, Raisebook's approach is entrepreneurial, responsible and informed by digital innovation.
Who can use Raisebook?
Raisebook is especially designed for:
- Sophisticated Investors looking to access a diverse selection of early stage investment opportunities they wouldn't usually be able to tap into
- Stockbrokers wanting to build and expand their client lists of verified Sophisticated Investors
- Company directors seeking to complete a capital raise or achieve their required spread with minimal friction and stress
What is a Sophisticated Investor?
The term "Sophisticated Investor" describes a particular category of investor who is considered to have sufficient experience and knowledge to be able to evaluate the risks and merits of an investment opportunity without needing the protection of a prospectus. They are also often called "High net worth individuals" or "708 investors".
Under Section 708 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), to be classed as a Sophisticated Investor, you will need either:
- A gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000; or
- Net assets of at least $2.5 million.
How do I become registered as a Sophisticated Investor on Raisebook?
It's pretty simple.
You can provide certification of your status as a Sophisticated Investor from your nominated accountant, and upload it onto the site.
Once this process is complete, you can then register as a Sophisticated Investor on the Raisebook platform, and will gain access to all available deals, including 708-restricted opportunities with options and placements.
What happens to my certificate? Is my information secure?
We take your security and privacy seriously, and employ best practices across our channels when protecting your information.
Certificates are stored in a secure server and protected with military-grade encryption. We will also only issue your certificate to people in whom you've explicitly expressed interest, so you have complete control over who gets to see it.
Is it possible that I could be a Sophisticated Investor without realising it?
Yes. In our experience, this is quite common. Some investors find that they have qualified as high net worth for several years before actually becoming aware of it.
Why? Well, for one thing, this is not something your accountant will be able tell you about unless you ask - legally, this would be considered providing financial advice, which they're not permitted to do.
As a Sophisticated Investor, what can I do on the Raisebook platform?
Some of the things Sophisticated Investors can do on Raisebook include:
- Receive unprecedented access to a handpicked range of early investment opportunities, including seed opportunities, IPOs and corporate deals
- Diversify your portfolio through a selection of both private and ASX-listed deals in a variety of market sectors including resources, tech, small cap, ethical & sustainable, biotech & pharma, and food & beverage, all on the one platform
- Get simple and secure verification of your 708 certificate
- Securely store your risk profile
- Connect with stockbrokers and companies whose investment philosophies and approaches correspond with your own
- Obtain priority access to the latest 708-restricted deals, including options and placements
- Follow companies of interest across the whole company lifecycle
- Access research and information about the companies and brokers you're interested in
- Customise your experience according to your individual investment preferences and wealth-building objectives with our market sector and industry settings